Wednesday, September 21, 2011

U.S. Representative Jeb Hensarling a Republican from Texas



Just prior to one of Congress’s vacations I telephoned Congressman Jeb Hensarling’s office in Washington, DC and inquired when and where he will be holding town hall meetings during his vacation in home district. His come district, 5th Congressional District in Texas. The lady did not have any information and referred me to the Dallas office. Telephoned the Dallas office and the young lady also claimed no knowledge if any town hall meeting will be held or where.




Recently before the August Congressional vacations I telephoned his Dallas office again, and once again the lady had no idea whether any town meetings were planned or being held. I question why the Congressman was hiding from his constituents as if he was a Democrat. The return answer was such meetings notices are printed in the local press. That would be The Dallas Morning News. I read it every day from stem to stern, port to starboard, and have not read any such notices. I asked if perhaps he listed it in the “lost and found” section of the newspaper.




The lady said she would have his scheduler call me with the information. Three weeks later still no return phone call. Why is Representative Jeb Hensarling a Republican in a Republican district treating his constituents as if we are Democrats?




No comments: